Supporting Our Troops
For nearly 100 years, AT&T has remained dedicated to supporting active military personnel, veterans and their families. Our nation’s service men and women make sacrifices to protect our country and our freedoms, and as a company, it as an honor to support them both at home and abroad. Moreover, military veterans possess the skills we need to succeed as a company and are an invaluable part of our workforce.
Recruiting and Hiring Military Veterans
At AT&T, we’ve integrated veteran recruitment into our business practices for years. We focus on recruiting veterans not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it’s good for our business.
Military Talent Attraction
In the past few years, we enhanced our military recruitment programs by increasing our promotion of AT&T as an employer of choice within the veteran community. We also dedicated a Military Talent Attraction Program Manager to inform the military about AT&T and educate AT&T managers about the military.
Online Tools and Resources
We understand that the job search and application process at large companies can be challenging for anyone — and even more so for transitioning veterans who are entering a new world with a new set of jargon. Therefore, we created online tools, resources and checkpoints to optimize success through our recruitment process, such as:
- A military-focused career site: www.att.jobs/military;
- A Military Skills Translator Tool that allows veterans to use their current Military Occupation Code or Military Occupation Specialty to identify civilian jobs at AT&T that may be a good fit for them: www.att.jobs/MOS;
- The Careers for Veterans program, which provides veterans with the opportunity to participate in online career video chat sessions or to connect directly with one of hundreds of AT&T veteran employee volunteers at: http://veterans.att.jobs; and,
- A career page for military spouses highlighting the myriad work locations at AT&T and jobs that are portable and/or virtual: www.att.jobs/milspouse.
- Qualified active duty military, veterans, and spouses of active duty and deceased service personnel can get a 15% discount on the monthly service charge of qualified AT&T wireless plans. Learn more.
- For additional AT&T services, including discounts for the military, click here.
100,000 Jobs Mission
AT&T is a founding member of the 100,000 Jobs Mission, launched in 2011 by JPMorgan Chase and 10 other companies to commit to hiring 100,000 veterans by 2020. The coalition has grown to more than 180 corporate members and tripled its commitment to hiring at least 300,000 veterans by 2020. The coalition’s companies have collectively hired more than 217,000 veterans by 2014.
Stepping up our Hiring Commitment
In April 2013, AT&T announced its goal to hire 5,000 veterans and their family members into career opportunities over the next five years. In November of 2013, AT&T doubled that commitment to 10,000. In May of 2016, in conjunction with Joining Forces, AT&T is doubling down again and committing to hiring an additional 10,000 vets for a total of 20,000 vets hired by 2020!