The San Diego Convention Center Corporation (SDCCC) annually welcomes thousands of visitors from around the globe to our facility. Our ultimate goal is guest satisfaction and we are proud of our customer service philosophy, which we call “San Diego Spirit.” It is based on the commitment to total service that our employees bring to our customers and colleagues. “San Diego Spirit” gives us the competitive edge that has ranked us a top convention center in North America and the world.
Living the “San Diego Spirit” is about exceeding expectations, with excellence as our minimum standard.
Many of our guests visit the San Diego Convention Center for a short period of time, so first impressions are very important to us. We ensure success by engaging and greeting our guests, being helpful by providing courteous and knowledgeable assistance and maintaining a clean facility with environmentally sound practices.
San Diego Convention Center Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
All applicants must provide proof of legal authorization to work in the United States at the time of hire. The company will provide the Social Security Administration and/or the Department of Homeland Security with information from each employee’s Form I-9 to confirm such legal authorization. The company is a participant in the E-Verify program and it is company policy to conduct Form I-9 audits on an annual basis.
Here are some fun facts:
- The current full-time staff has worked at the San Diego Convention Center for a collective 2,905 years.
- The convention center has never closed since opening. The security team has staffed the facility non-stop for over 219,000 hours.
- In the last 25 years, we have served over 753,984 gallons of coffee, decaf or hot tea to our guests; this is approximately the size of 1¼ Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- The convention center kitchen has the ability to turn out a 14,000 person plated dinner.
- The convention center has welcomed guests and attendees from over 200 countries and self-governing territories.
- The convention center has welcomed nearly 20 million attendees since opening. That is enough people to fill Petco Park over 470 times.