Health & Safety Administrative Assistant
Under the direction of the corporate health, safety and environmental (HSE) department management the corporate health and safety (H&S) Administrative Assistant participates in general office and administrative support including meeting coordination, and support, electronic and paper based document management, SharePoint administration, equipment and supply management, and data entry. The H&S Administrator must use discretion in all duties & responsibilities detailed below. The corporate H&S Administrator will report directly to the Safety Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Designs documents and binders into a professional-looking end product.
· Formats reports, spreadsheets, business letters, and internal memos in support of the HSE & Transportation group.
· Organizes and maintains professional graphical presentations, including presentations that may be given to groups outside the organization.
· Completes and maintains related payroll, finance, procurement, and personnel records including the reconciliation of vacation, paid leave and overtime, expenses, termination reports, and purchase orders (POs), asset management, and vehicle mileage.
· Coordinates and maintains drug and alcohol testing for The Woodlands office as a function for the drug and alcohol group.
· Coordinates all Corporate H&S safety meetings, administrative meetings, and maintains documentation associated with company safety policy requirements.
· Updates Incident log, accident checklist emails, and maintains OSHA 300 logs for forwarding to district offices, when necessary.
· Answers incoming calls and responds to a variety of inquiries. Forwards messages to most appropriate team member for follow up.
· Maintains both a paper based filing system and computer databases to manage correspondence, documents, and information related to HSE & Transportation.
· Maintains and tracks and reports subcontractor hours for statistical purposes.
· Requests feedback from end users to continually improve the quality of produced documentation.
· Regularly updates and revises documentation as new issues arise in order to stay current with upgrades, improvements, etc.
· Supports all corporate HSE and DOT programs, policies and initiatives.
· Assists in reviewing and maintaining safety department policies within ISNetworld and other customer safety sites as necessary.
· Obtains usability feedback from corporate HSE department heads and regional safety representatives.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members.
· Requires good oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with employees and management.
· Requires concentration, alertness, and attention to detail.
· Maintains the confidentiality of employee records at all times.
· Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
· Ability to work under pressure and use sound judgment.
· Ability to work with others and be a team player.
· Ability to present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations.
· Ability to demonstrate consistent reliability, accuracy, quantity and quality of work.
· Establishes clearly defined courses of action and organizes work to accomplish goals.