Prepare and assemble electronic components and hybrid assemblies of semi-routine complexity in a clean room setting by using blueprint drawing, diagrams, manufacturing processes and procedures; work is performed under a microscope and by means of using small hand tools, bonding machines, welders and process equipment, the major process procedures include substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond and pull test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate manual and semi-automatic equipment to assemble semi-complex hybrid electronic components using at least two of the following processes with higher confidence, skill, quality and output: substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond and pull test.
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy, revision and affectivity of drawing and update it in traveler, if applicable.
- Clean electronic components and assemblies per MIC processes and procedures prior to starting the work order.
- Set up assigned machine as required by process or procedure; execute process; visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings; barcode completed work orders as required by traveler document; release the order to subsequent operations.
- Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate labels and packages for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintains clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as other events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform work of semi-routine nature, requiring occasional decisions in judgment, normally following established procedures on routine work, requires instructions on new work to meet company workmanship and criteria;
- Operate manual or semi-automatic machine to assemble REMEC products using at least one of the non-automated major MIC process procedure based on departmental need and supervisor’s discretion.
Minimum Job Qualifications: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- One (1) year of related experience required, previous experience using small hand tools such as tweezers and microscopes, required; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity; working knowledge of at least two (2) of the major processes used in MIC Assembly, required; High School or GED equivalent, desirable.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent;
- Computer skills: ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
- Time Management & Organizational skills: adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized work station and materials.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.