Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises and coordinates all staff on assigned shift to ensure meals are served at specific times in correct proportions as designated by the USMC.
2. Supervises and coordinates all staff on assigned shift to ensure that all equipment, eating utensils, and common areas of mess hall are kept clean and sanitized according standards, policies and guidelines
3. Interviews and hires Mess Attendant Lead staff.
4. Evaluates and disciplines Mess Attendant, Mess Attendant Lead staff
5. Trains staff, in serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
6. Assures that staff and program participants adhere to Arc policies and procedures and provides employees and/ or program participants with written documentation as needed
7. Develops staffing schedules that meet meal service demands and control labor costs
8. Communicates regularly and in a positive, professional manner with Arc management staff, representatives of primary contractor and military
9. Assists Case Managers with services and supports to consumers and program participants when requested
10. Ensures the safety of all Arc employees through education, training, observation, and providing personal protective equipment
11. Performs required Quality Control inspections as required to ensure proper operations including refrigeration temperature checks, employee personal hygiene, food temperature checks, general cleanliness of all areas
12. Conducts meetings with assigned staff according to a schedule agreed upon with supervisor
13. Completes all assigned reports, including payroll, as required
14. Demonstrates on a daily bases the organization’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
15. Ensures safety and welfare of staff and consumers and follows adopted procedures to report any incidents, hazards, accidents, or unsafe conditions to his/her immediate supervisor. Is a mandated reporter of suspected abuse and will follow all guidelines established to meet this requirement.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3+ years of experience in supervision and management of a multi-unit, fast paced, high customer count food services environment. Some college level courses and/or degree in business preferred. Knowledge and/or experience working with people with disabilities preferred. Thorough knowledge and experience in the implementation of labor cost controls in a food service setting. Thorough knowledge of standards and best practices of sanitation and food preparation. Must be ServSafe Certified, or be able to complete certification training within the first 90 days of employment.
Must have a valid California Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write detailed correspondence. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to follow directions from supervisors. Ability to work independently and productively. Must be able to analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action based on agency policies while providing the best quality of service to the customer, consumers and staff. Ability to follow and implement agency policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have practical experience of MS Office and e-mail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Fine motor actions of hands, wrists and fingers are required along with the ability to withstand repetitive hand, wrist and finger movement. The ability to use hands to manipulate finger, handle or feel is required. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms; and to talk, see and hear. The employee maybe required to stoop or crouch. The employee must be able lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.