This position is in the Management Personnel Plan (Administrator I) and earns management benefits including medical, dental, vision, $100,000 life insurance plan, and the CalPERS pension plan. For more information on benefits included for this position, please see the benefits summary .
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, at will position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the administrative direction of the Student Disability Services Director, the Associate Director will have broad responsibility for the department operations, personnel, outreach program, technology and budget administration. The Associate Director develops, recommends and executes decisions related to planning, operations and management. The incumbent in this position will serve as the managing officer in the absence of the Director.
For more information regarding Student Disability Services , please click here .
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $65,000 per year. CSU Classification Salary Range: $29,292 – $103,236 per year. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department’s fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here .
- Graduation from a four-year University or the equivalent and a minimum of four years of experience related to job duties.
- Experience working in programs that serve individuals with disabilities, especially within higher education.
- Knowledge of or ability to obtain a thorough understanding of disability issues in the context of higher education, in accordance with Section 504, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other pertinent legislation and policies.
- Progessively responsible experience with managing personnel, business operations and budget .
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Skill in the use of standard Microsoft Office suite, especially superior skills using Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of or ability to obtain knowledge of specialized technology used by individuals with disabilities at a level sufficient to perform job responsibilities.
- A master’s degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to initiate complex assignments with little or minimal instruction.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply Now” button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here .
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
All management and executive employees shall be required to provide a written statement to the appropriate administrator of any and all outside employment. Employees shall also provide a written statement of outside employment if a written request by an administrator is made.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here .
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.