CPS Driver is responsible for the transportation of equipment to and from all job sites. Deliver materials to customers in a manner that will optimize and improve efficiency and result in outstanding customer service. Transport and deliver equipment and/or products to customers by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area. The driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining record of duty status according to state and federal regulations and performing pre-trip and post trip inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Inspect unit for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip.
- Drive truck to and from designated destinations of up to 11 hours with and maximum of 14 hours total as DOT rules allow.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather.
- Must be able to operate equipment in all types of weather and conditions. This includes going forward and backing up long distances, around corners and in and around very tight areas.
- Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment.
- Report highway safety hazards noted in route.
- Promptly report and delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attends all required safety meetings (on-site and off).
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or Equivalent
Minimum of 2 years of experience driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle
Effectively use maps and directions for efficient & compliant routing
Responsible for demonstrating understanding of proper loading and securing to prevent freight movement and ensure safe transport
Must be able to speak, read and write English well enough to read technical documents and effectively communicate with team members.
Must be able to use a Windows-based personal computer together with AOBRD/E-Logging devices
Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Driver History Report
Minimum age of 21
DOT Physical Examination and valid Medical Card required
This position may be required to complete a functional test quantifying the physical requirements for the essential functions of the position
Employee must be physically able to perform all essential job functions required in this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: climbing, crouching, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motions, standing, stooping, talking and walking
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally
Complies with all Company Quality Management System Standards, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
Supports the CES Quality Policy Statement.
Performs all work in accordance with established RPC and Company specific Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
Performs duties within established standards and customer requirements.
Must be familiar with UNID numbers for chemical transportation purposes.
May work in an office, shop or warehouse environment.
May be required to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
May be required to work outside assigned District location to support internal and external customers.