At Community Transit you will have the opportunity to improve people’s lives by creating an appealing transit experience so people enjoy getting where they need to go. This position contributes to Community Transit’s success by assuming end-to-end responsibility for the strategic value, usability, and performance of our customer facing digital products. Particular focus will be on developing the strategic framework for the company website and mobile apps based on Community Transit goals.
The position will create a data-driven environment where decisions are made using web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing, user research and competitive analysis. You will leverage the customer voice in everything.
To be successful, the product owner needs to have technical acumen and a passion to delight customers with simple and useful digital experiences. This is both a strategic and hands-on position.
• Assumes end-to-end responsibility for the strategic value, usability, and performance of our customer facing digital products. Owns product planning and development through day to day collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including architects, developers, designers, content specialists and business or subject matter representatives. Launches and monitors new product features and releases.
• Defines product roadmap and strategy using data-driven decisions. Tells the story to ensure buy in from a diverse group of stakeholders including executives.
• Defines key goals and metrics for products. Defines strategies that will achieve the defined goals for each. Reports out regularly on status.
• Organizes and leads regular program meetings to take in and prioritize work requests.
• Designs and drives usability studies to inform product requirements and influence product design and experience.
• Maintains product backlog and leads regular prioritization with business unit owners and leadership.
• Manages customer bug backlog, determines priority of bugs and which releases they are assigned to.
• Identifies areas where new technology can be used to make process improvements to a seamless transportation digital experience.
• Develops and executes Customer Experience budget requirements and procurement processes to accomplish the agency’s Customer Experience vision.
• Manages the performance and relationship with professional technology vendors on execution of identified product enhancements through contract negotiation and implementation to ensure success of said criteria. Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, marketing or a related area. • 8 years of business, technology or related experience.
• 5 years of experience in web or related digital product management.
• 5 years of experience in user experience and/or user interface.
• 5 years of experience in a product management capacity for digital experiences or software platforms.
• Experience personalizing and targeting digital experiences to diverse audience segments and a documented track record of results from your work.
• Experience using data, creating great customer experiences and product decisions. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above may be considered.
• Understanding and familiarity of transit technology.
Entry Requirements for: Knowledge and Skills Qualification to enter this position requires knowledge of the following:
• Web and e-Commerce best practices.
• Digital methodologies.
• Web platforms and technologies.
• Web analytics, A/B and multivariate testing.
• User research and competitive analysis.
Qualification to enter this position requires skill in:
• Process and project management with a proven track record of results.
• Motivational leader experienced in facilitating teams and delivering results.
• Experience in user experience and/or user interface.
• Public speaking and delivering presentations.
• Communication at all levels of the organization.
• Influencing others.
• Negotiations — Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Data analysis.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication and presentation skills.
• Must have a portfolio or examples you can share that represents your process and skills.
Proficient Performance Requirements for Knowledge and Skills Qualification to fulfill the full range of this position’s duties requires the following knowledge, which may be gained or further developed after entering the job:
• Transit technology