JOB SUMMARY-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
Services and calibrates Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) in a Precision Measurement Laboratory (PMEL) shop environment.
- Services and calibrates TMDE items in the Electrical/Electronic, communications/Microwave and Physical/Dimensional metrology disciplines to 33K series technical order specifications.
- Operates and maintains manual and automated calibration stations and equipment and processes TMDE equipment in and out of the laboratory.
- Applies technical knowledge of electronic principles to solve basic problems using diagrams, schematics, engineering data and test equipment.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and effects repairs to restore equipment to required operating condition. Manipulates computer keyboards and views and interprets computer displays.
- Troubleshoots to the component level and makes needed repairs. Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to the employee’s job.
Duties are performed indoors in a laboratory clean-room environment. Most work is performed at a workbench or workstation and prolonged sitting is typical. Climbing stairs, walking distances up to ¼ mile, occasional lifting of 25 lbs and travel to remote locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Education and/or training from an accredited college or technical school with courses in math, basic electronics, and microwave theory or a military equivalent are required. Training and certification as a metrology technician is required and ISCET certification may be required. Demonstrated proficiency in general electronics and good understanding of electronic, electro-mechanical, and computer systems along with test equipment used to maintain and repair equipment is necessary. At least 3 years of hands-on experience is required. Successful candidates will have the ability to service and calibrate TMDE. Must have working knowledge of computer systems and integrated hardware and software and be proficient with the following products: MS Windows, Excel, and Word. Applicants must be highly motivated, productive, focused and require minimal supervision. Excel in writing and communication skills. Have a current valid driver’s license. Must be able to qualify for and maintain a TS/SSBI security clearance.
- Located in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Must be able to qualify and maintain a TS-SSBI Security Clearance
- Relocation assistance is available
- JT3 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, inclusive of medical benefits that start on your first day of employment, paid time off, 401K match, and tuition reimbursement