As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEngineer,
Systems Architecture Job responsibilities include designing, optimizing & trouble-shooting issues on T-Mobile’s Packet Core applications responsible for Data Policy & Diameter Routing; interacting with other Engineering teams, Operations, QA teams and Business in shaping deliverables and cross-functional teams to deliver a robust solution and formulating test instructions for certification.
The position requires analytical and technical writing competency, as well as effective interpersonal skills to work with cross functional teams within the company.
• Excellent knowledge of GSM, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, LTE and IMS technologies including protocol stacks and call flows
• Familiarity with one of the platforms – PCRF, AAA, DRA, SeGW PGW and/or other Packet Core platforms preferred.
• Solid understanding of IP, TCP, UDP, SIP, RADIUS, DIAMETER protocol suites. Hands-on optimization and troubleshooting experience is a bonus.
• Experience with at least one scripting language and familiarity with UNIX systems
• Ability to understand and reference 3GPP specifications
• Experience in working with cross functional teams especially validation and operations teams
• Ability to perform duties off hours when required
• Self-starter and highly motivated individual who is passionate about Wireless industry and is keen to be part of the Un-carrier movement
• Ability to think outside of the box
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to define T-Mobile specific requirements and work effectively with other organizations and peer engineering teams on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
• Support design in the areas of Packet Core applications such as PCRF, AAA, DRA and SeGW.
• Review and update appropriate design documents
• Ability to create automated scripts on-demand to monitor performance of above platforms and other KPIs required for Executive Dashboard
• Support Lab, Design and Operations teams in the validation and FOA to maximize success during the network rollout phase
• Troubleshoot production issues related to the above platforms; collect and analyze interface traces using protocol analyzers
• Support Tier 2 operations teams and resolve network problems by analyzing the requisite protocol traces.
• Work with the Performance and Planning Teams on assessing the performance of the nodes and recommend corrective actions to resolve any identified degradation.
• Willing to learn and experiment with new ideas and solutions with a strong passion for technology
• Use skills to continually enhance existing applications and processesB.S Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline with emphasis in Wireless Telecom technologiesWe Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice.