*Work Schedule:**Multiple Shift available (specific work schedules and location will be discussed during the interview process)
** Not Applicable
• *Telework:**Not Available •
*Virtual:**This is not a virtual position.
• *Position Description/PD#:**Health Technician/40984-A
• *Relocation/Recruitment Incentives:**Not Authorized
• *Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:**
• Independently sets up and manages dispatch operations.
• Write down telephone calls or pages and promptly respond to when moving about the medical center.
• Transports patients to and from appointments that are ambulatory, on wheelchairs stretchers, medical beds, or other transport equipment.
• Transports patients that are receiving IV Sedations, blood transfusions, chemotherapies, or are on cardiac monitors.
• Transports chemotherapy (chemical agents) in accordance with Industrial Hygiene safety procedures and VA policy.
• Transports dirty rolling stock to Sterile Processing and Decontamination (SP Decon), to be cleaned.
• Procures blood product(s) from the lab, delivers blood products to intended destination and returns and checks-in unused blood products.
• Transports collected specimens to the lab for analysis (i.e.: blood draws, tissue biopsies, spinal fluids • Procures pharmaceutical medications and supplies.
• Assist with preparation of decedents for viewing and transport (on stretchers) to the morgue.
• Motorized transports as needed.