The starting pay rate for this position is $26.69 per hour.
This is not a construction or installation position – it requires industrial-level troubleshooting-and-repair experience.
The Facilities Division at Disneyland Resort is looking for industrial-maintenance Electricians – with preferred electrical-maintenance experience from heavy industries such as oil refineries, factories, plant environments, mining, or other industries with a dedicated, in-house maintenance organization – to maintain and repair the Resort’s attractions, rides and facilities.
Electricians at Disneyland Resort are responsible for performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems and assemblies and other industrial-maintenance duties that keep the Resort running safely.
Due to the industrial-level maintenance and repair that is required of this position, Disneyland Resort Electricians must have experience in troubleshooting and repairing existing three-phase motors, branch circuits, and other appliances and equipment, rather than experience with the construction or installation of new equipment only.
Schedule Availability – Shifts are typically night shifts, and individuals must have availability to work Sunday through Saturday, any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, and must be open to any days off.
Technical Skills Abilities and Experience:
- Technical electrical competence, and the ability to read blueprints, flowcharts, schematics, and engineering documents
- Acute troubleshooting skills including knowledge of high and low voltage with an understanding of the National Electric Code
- Knowledge of the nature of electricity, current, ability to measure current, voltage, and amperage
- Understanding of electrical circuits, knowledge of motors, and ability to understand controls and how to repair them
- Ability to use common hand tools, meters, gauges and other associated test and measurement equipment
- Experience using basic math
- Ability to differentiate colors
- Ability to understand and operate under Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and other food safety/sanitary guidelines
- Ability to climb (some tasks as high as 200 feet)
Minimum 5 years of industrial experience, or equivalent-educational experience such as trade school graduate
Ideal backgrounds include experience as a staff member of a maintenance organization in the maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial machines in such environments as:
- Manufacturing plants
- Oil refineries
- Water-treatment plants
- Other facilities-maintenance work
Construction, installation, residential, commercial and tenant improvement may not be sufficient experience for these Electrician positions.