Candidates will be responsible for 24 x 7 network management support to include examining and sustaining the performance of the Global Network in order to obtain the highest level of network capacity and ensure customer satisfaction. Candidates must be flexible to to work any shift, holidays, weekends and on-call rotations in a network operations center environment.
- Monitor Global wireline backbone network (NOC) to identify and drive resolution to problems within Global network.
- Work across multiple platforms including but not limited to Sonet/SDH, MESH NETWORKS, LTE, ADM, WDM/DWDM and ULH/ROADM high speed fiber optic systems. –
- Work within a Network Operations Control Center, responsible for identifying, ticketing and driving issues from detection, isolation, dispatch to field operations through final problem resolution – Observe and act on transport alarms from Company facilities to meet or surpass department goals as to not initiate unnecessary dispatches, which helps eliminate unnecessary expenses – Communicate outage information team members and ensure flash criteria is met –
- Assist technicians who call in with various ticket troubles so issues are resolved in a timely manner – Engage backline support or Tier 2 for troubles outside scope of knowledge – Perform QA/QC for alarms and equipment before closing ticket
- Actively monitored and researched power and environmental alarms facilities worldwide
- Conducting follow-up discussions with field technicians to obtain specific resolution details to comply with department guidelines
- Assisting internal/external stakeholders in opening/closing planned maintenance, fielding calls, and resolving alarm troubles.