ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic or automatic equipment to assemble hybrid electronic or solder components using at least three of the following processes: substrate attach (manual and auto), die attach (semi-auto and auto), mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond (manual and auto), b-staging, cross-stitch bonding, and pull test (destructive and non-destructive) or solder using Auto-Dispense, Solder Screen print, Pick and Place, and Solder reflow.
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy, revision and affectivity of drawing and update it in traveler, if applicable.
- Clean electronic components and assemblies following MIC and Solder Assembly processes and procedures prior to starting the work order.
- Set up assigned machine as required by process or procedure; execute process; visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings; barcode completed work orders as required by traveler document; release the order to subsequent operations.
- Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate labels and packages for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintains clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform work of moderate complexity, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations, normally receiving little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments;
- Operate manual/semi-automatic machine and/or automatic machine to assemble REMEC products using at least two of the automated plus two non-automated major MIC or Solder Assembly processes or procedures or an equivalent critical manual process procedure.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- One (1) year of related experience required, previous experience using small hand tools such as tweezers and microscopes, required; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity; working knowledge of at least three (3) of the major processes used in MIC Assembly or Solder Assembly, required; High School or GED equivalent, desirable.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized work station and materials.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.