The Physical Security Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations and execution of BECU’s physical security program, including daily oversight of BECU’s 3rd party security guard force. The role will provide recommendations for improvement and maintenance of the physical security infrastructure of corporate and retail facilities, including renovations and new construction. The Physical Security Coordinator will conduct regular reviews, audits and/or risk assessments of the physical security program, including, alarms, surveillance systems, access system/database, robbery packets and ATM fleet security. The role will also act as a key liaison and resource for security related audits and policy with external parties.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Provide recommendations for the physical security infrastructure of corporate and retail facilities, including renovations and new construction, ensuring that employee safety and physical security measures are appropriately implemented.
- Oversee the daily operations of the 3rd party security guard force, ensuring BECU’s site instruction manual is periodically revised and commensurate with the associated risk and activities of the credit union.
- Maintain the credit unions access system/database and provide reports as required.
- Maintain the credit unions surveillance systems, providing support for any issues and access requests.
- Monitor inventory for all locks and keys related to access of BECU facilities and conduct periodic audits.
- Ensure all alarm devices are functioning properly and periodically tested.
- Maintain adherence to BECU’s access management process (IAM), providing ongoing support and reporting of user access to sensitive areas.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments of all BECU locations, including the ATM fleet, to ensure member safety and security is addressed.
- Perform annual review and updating of BECU’s Robbery Packets, including design and implementation of training for relevant staff.
- Provide oversight for BECU’s Executive Protection procedures and notification system, including overseeing and maintaining equipment and developing procedures.
- Serve as the Financial Crimes Department primary resource for BECU’s Emergency Notification System.
- Oversee and coordinate invoices, work orders and budget for service or repairs of security equipment.
- Research and recommend new technology and upgrades to existing security equipment.
- Research and recommend policies and procedures that will increase efficiency and desired results regarding physical security within the Financial Crimes department.
- Inform management of any deficiencies related to the equipment that may cause a loss of integrity to any security systems in use.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in law enforcement or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a physical security environment required. Experience in a financial industry preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience coaching, leading or supervising employees required.
- Prior experience working with access control systems as well as alarm, camera, and CCTV security systems required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.