Performs a variety of manually value-added processes within several manufacturing areas which may include electroplating housing and connectors, chem-filming manufactured products, mark-up and touch up; processes follow established procedures within the traveler document; employee may perform and know at a minimum one or more processes within each of the areas in one of the following labs: plating, etching and/or chem-filiming, mark-up or touch-up; performs work of simple complexity tasks, requiring instruction on new tasks in one of the following labs: plating, etching, painting, mark-up, touch-up and/or chem-film.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES: Plating lab:
• Receives raw material from machine shop (aluminum, steel, covar and brass); preps parts.
• Places parts on rack parts; perform the required procedures according to the traveler.
• Inspects plated circuits for defects; handles and works around hazardous chemicals. Etching lab:
• Pulls raw material from shelf; preps parts for etching (clean, rack, etch parts).
• Applies basic chemistry principles for etching; uses one of the following seven processes: etchback, chem-milling; duroid plate with nickel plating,etc.
• Inspects etched parts; handle and works around hazardous chemicals. Painting, Marking, Touch-Up and Chemfilm Lab:
• Set up production Inkjet, Silk-screen and Off-set printer equipment; mark production units using the traveler document.
• Perform silk-screen process, continue with Off-set procedure; execute permanency test
. • Complete inspection on painted and non-painted parts using microscope; mix paint; use small paint brushes to touch up parts.
• Inspect dry painted parts and quality assurance for additional Touch-Up operations.
• Grind aluminum surfaces using scotchbrite, fiberglass pens or wire brush and grinding machine.
• Continue chemical conversion coatings on aluminum; handle and works around hazardous chemical.
• Inspect parts, and conduct quality assurance for mark-up, touch-up and chemfilm processes.
• Use microscope for inspection of production units; obtain blueprints from satellite files for part production.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
• Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
• Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities own work as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
• Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
• No previous work experience, detail-oriented, good manual and hand-eye dexterity; high school diploma or equivalent, required;
• Communication skills: ability to ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions, including Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS); ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
• Computer skills: working knowledge of MicroSoft Suite with Word and Excel;
• Equipment skills: knowledge of proper and safe use of equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.; knowledge of procedures related to safety; ability to use spray guns and other devices, pressure tanks, fluid and air hoses, compressors, sanders, air and fluid regulators; ability to use respirators and other personal protective equipment;
• Chemical skills: ability to use different chemicals such as epoxy, polyurethane paints, primers and wash primers or other material as specified by military specifications; ability to work around chemicals;
• Math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unit of measure; ability to measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to understand and perform decimal, fraction and metric calculations and conversion; ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
• Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities; ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis;
• Excellent Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work as part of a team. SECURITY May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.