Sempra LNG&M leads Sempra Energy’s efforts to develop, build and operate liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities as well as the upstream natural gas pipeline and storage infrastructure. We work in partnership with other Sempra companies (IEnova, Chilquinta, Luz del Sur) when developing projects internationally in geographies where they operate.
In addition, the Midstream group pursues opportunities unrelated to SLNG&M LNG projects to develop and/or acquire natural gas and liquids infrastructure to provide transportation, storage and other logistics services to the broader market. Our regional focus is on the Gulf Coast and Southwest US markets including leveraging our presence in Mexico for cross-border projects.
Responsibilities will include commercial analysis, market assessment, and general business development support of projects on appraisal or under development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports the Midstream Development team in the process of identifying and assessing business development opportunities in regions that fit Sempra’s strategy.
• Conducts general economic and commercial project feasibility evaluations.
• Provides general project business development support for either the infrastructure or commodity portions of the projects.
• Conducts market assessments, contract/commercial analyses, and company analysis.
• Coordinates/leads portions of project activities during development.
• Review market intelligence, market research, industry publications, company presentations/reports, analyst reports, etc. to help formulate a project concept and strategy.
• Maintain current knowledge of regional gas markets, regional gas flows, values, potential customers, regional competition & risks and open season results.
• Develop and maintain marketing materials, project presentations, company presentations for use in project meetings and conferences.
• Support new business development projects as it relates to gas supply, marketing and transportation issues.
• Provides support, as necessary, in the structuring and negotiation of key project agreements in areas such as supply, joint ventures, EPC, marketing, and financing.
• Work with various groups to develop inputs for financial model and work with Midstream team to develop rates, returns, and sensitivity analysis
• Will work extensively with other functions within the company, with third party companies including engineering firms, equipment suppliers, financial institutions, and with government agencies and community organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years in the energy industry, experience in project analysis/development.
• Prior experience in project controls, natural gas procurement/marketing, natural gas transportation, infrastructure development is most valued.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Strong commercial and analytical skills.
• Business and financial savvy.
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
• Self-starter and quick learner.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Ability to collaborate, work and influence across functional without supervisory position.
• Highly Effective Communication Skills, both written and oral.
• Effective Presentation and Public Speaking ability.
• Effective computer skills including Spreadsheet, Word Processing, PowerPoint, and Project Management/Scheduling software
• This position may require up to 25% travel.
• Open to considering applicants with similar profile but less experience at a Principal Analyst level or with more experience at Project Manager