Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains ongoing evaluations of consumer’s health status by assessing each client as required by regulatory and/or agency policies.
2. Writes and maintains health care plans quarterly and as needed.
3. Supervises health care provided by house staff.
4. Performs Nursing Assessment every two week.
5. Performs physical examinations and assessment of consumers quarterly.
6. Reviews medications with pharmacist during his quarterly visits.
7. Assists in writing and maintaining medical procedure manuals for group homes.
8. Maintains ongoing communications with house staff and QMRP regarding the consumer’s medications and medical treatment plan.
9. Reviews Medication Administration Record on a weekly basis.
10. Provides in-service training to direct care staff on a monthly basis or as the need arises.
11. Monitors documentation and maintenance of consumer’s medical reports.
12. Documents weekly and monthly summaries.
13. Performs and documents nursing assessments quarterly and as needed.
14. Makes rounds with primary physician.
15. Reviews mental health status with Psychiatrist at monthly Psychiatrist rounds.
16. Assists transportation staff with scheduling medical appointments as needed.
17. Reviews nutritional assessments.
18. Discusses consumer’s medical status with family when appropriate.
19. Reports changes in consumer’s health status to Nurse Administrator.
20. Participates as member of ID team.
21. Establishes monthly QIDP on-call schedule.
22. Completes annual outcome measurement report.
23. Demonstrates on a daily bases the organization’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
24. Conducts and/or participates in medication training of new staff.
25. Ensures safety and welfare of staff and consumers and follows adopted procedures to report any incidents, hazards, accidents, or unsafe conditions to his/her immediate supervisor.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must possess current California license as a Registered Nurse and 6 months of hands-on experience with persons with developmental disabilities is preferred .
Must have a valid California Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people with disabilities, families, and representatives of other care providers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality; strong organizational skills and detail oriented; good follow through skills; and the ability to prioritize and work effectively with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have hands-on experience with MS Office and e-mail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sustain moderate physical activity and is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. Fine motor actions of hands, wrists and fingers are required along with the ability to withstand repetitive hand, wrist and finger movement. The ability to use hands to manipulate finger, handle or feel is required. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms; and to talk, see and hear. The employee maybe required to stoop or crouch. The employee must be able lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.