JOB SUMMARY – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Career professional role requiring high skill using various types of telecommunication networking equipment and associated technologies. Ability to work with an elite team of professionals in a fast-paced work environment. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and can quickly recognize when a senior engineer should be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others.
1. A strong understanding of telecommunication networking systems that are used to transmit video, voice and data across a fiber optic WAN infrastructure.
2. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use a vast array of tools and field deployable test equipment to include built-in test equipment. Must be able to use this equipment to quickly repair both physical and logical network outages and anomalies. A basic working knowledge of Solarwinds is desired, but not required.
3. Ability to design and implement telecommunication networking solutions in accordance with IEEE standards utilizing layer 2/3 and TDM networking equipment.
4. Must have experience and skills with AC/DC power systems, Optical Transport Networks and Ethernet switch configurations.
5. Must possess a strong understanding of TCP/IP networking principles.
6. Must be able to perform a variety of field engineering tasks under general supervision.
7. Must demonstrate the ability to use a structured approach to solving complex networking problems.
8. Desire experience working with various encryption devices, multiplexing devices, routers, switches and all associated hardware.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and the use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities with writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 7 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field. Must have a professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles, and a familiarity with related engineering fields. Must have a practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions. Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current state driver’s license.
- Located in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Must be able to qualify and maintain a TS-SSBI Security Clearance
- Relocation assistance is available
- JT3 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, inclusive of medical benefits that start on your first day of employment, paid time off, 401K match, and tuition reimbursement